Autumn 2017 player application:
Online application now closed.
The number of applications for this term exceeded our allowed capacity, and we are currently heavily over-subscribed in some sections, particularly flutes & clarinets. Please contact us if you would like advice on playing possibilities.
The provisional schedule for next term’s online application process is given below. If you have not played with us before and are interested in applying next term, please complete the online membership enrolment form. This is free and gets you on the email list for future updates. All current members will receive email reminders nearer the time.
- Wednesday 2 August: online playing application window opens
- Wednesday 9 August: application window closes at 7:00pm prompt
- Sunday 13 August: committee meets to consider applications
- Applicants will be advised of outcomes a.s.a.p. thereafter
- Friday 25 August: 5pm – absolute playing fee deadline for first tranche of offers**
- Any newly-available places will be offered to members on the reserve list
- Wednesday 30 August: 5pm – payment deadline for reserve list playing offers
**As before, we anticipate that the number of playing applications will exceed our allowed capacity, and the committee will need to hold a ballot. In fairness to those on the reserve list, playing member fees from those successful in the first round of the ballot must be received and confirmed by 5pm on Friday 25 August.
Membership enrolment is normally a two-stage process (please see full details for clarification):
For annual membership…
Step 1: New members should click here to complete the online enrolment form. You will receive an automatic email reply confirming receipt. This can be done at any time (currently free of charge) and will ensure that you are on the mailing list for future announcements and playing applications.
For playing membership…
Step 2: During the designated week, register your application to be a “playing member” in the next season. If oversubscribed, places will be allocated by ballot (Note 1). Successful players then pay the appropriate fee (typically £70-80) for that season.
- New members who have not previously played with Merchant Sinfonia will normally have priority (though we may need to restrict numbers in the interest of continuity and instrumental balance).
- In a change to previous procedure we have dispensed with the annual membership fee, and existing members will remain on the list, with no need to re-enrol, unless we are advised otherwise.
If you have problems with submitting the forms online, please consult the FAQs page, or email your details directly.