Below is a copy of the email that was sent out to player members on December 1st. If you did not receive this, and need the link to the online survey, please email: email@example.com
Dear Merchant Sinfonian,
I’m sure that we are all looking forward to the Concert on Thursday night, 5th December. I will remind you again at the rehearsal on Tuesday 3rd December (usual time in Studio 1), but please note the following:
- There is a BBCSSO Concert at the Hall on the 5th, so please do NOT arrive before 5:30pm at the earliest. Our pre-concert rehearsal in the Grand Hall is at 6:00pm on the 5th; Concert at 7:30pm.
- Please do NOT use Studio 1 that evening (5th), it is not booked for us. Dressing Rooms will be available (follow the signs at the Hall)
- A photographer will be present at the rehearsal (and Concert), but pictures can be more easily taken at rehearsal so please come to the rehearsal ready changed, if at all possible;
- Concert dress is BLACK;
- At the start of term, most people were given music parts stamped ‘Library’ – please bring these and return them to the Librarians (use the shelves near the sound equipment end, backstage at the entrance to the Grand Hall);
- Next Season begins in February (probably the 18th) – details of the application process will be on the website in early January;
- If you are stuck for ideas for your Christmas Wish List, why not a Music Stand that you can bring to use next term? The ones available in Studio 1 are definitely a mixed bag and not there primarily for our use (Stands in the Grand Hall are provided for the Concert)
- In 2014, we will have one Concert at City Halls on our own and probably a joint Concert with Merchant Voices (details still to be discussed)
- In between now and the Concert, please try to encourage friends, neighbours and colleagues to buy a ticket for the Concert, or buy them yourselves to give out. The larger the audience, the better!
- Over Christmas, when socialising, encourage fellow musicians to consider joining Merchant Sinfonia. We want to fill all the places available next Season!
- FINALLY – here is a link (available on request)
to a short online survey asking about this first term for Merchant Sinfonia as an independent body. Please let us have your views as soon as possible, so we can take them into account for 2014.
Best wishes to everyone for the Concert and for Christmas and the New Year and my thanks to everybody who has helped keep the show on the road!