Some dates and updates – please note revised start date…
(1) Online application for Spring 2016 playing membership goes live tomorrow (Wednesday, 9th December) and will remain open for seven days. Please follow the link on the “How to join” page.
(2) As usual, if application numbers exceed capacity, a ballot will be held to determine membership. New players and exotic species of instrument will be given priority here.
(3) We have revised the provisional rehearsal schedule to accommodate the later-than-anticipated concert date. Rehearsals are now scheduled to start on Tuesday 16th February, and will run (with occasional breaks) until June 14th. Watch the website for further details.
(4) Our concert is now pencilled in for the evening of
Thursday 30th June, 2016. * We appreciate that this date comes after the end of school term, and some people may be away, but this was the earliest City Halls date available to us at this stage. (Slightly earlier dates may become available, but we are awaiting advice on this.) * Now changed to the earlier date of 21st June.
(5) We anticipate that the playing member fee for this season will be £78, as before. This will be payable in advance once playing membership is confirmed, with a payment deadline of Friday 5th February.
(6) The tutor schedule will be arranged more systematically for the coming season, and will include larger wind/string family sectionals – details later.
With best wishes for the festive season,
Merchant Sinfonia committee